Temp. Contract, 6+ Months
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is seeking a Temp. Graphic Designer for various multimedia design, Adobe Photoshop and Power Point projects. This will be an occasional freelance position with no full-time availability. Hours will be unpredictable, so flexibility is required. Individual will work mainly with the Corporate Communications team, supporting both the internal and external needs of Senior Management. This will be an occasional freelance position with no full-time availability. Hours will be unpredictable so flexibility is required. Individual will work mainly with the Corporate Communications team, supporting both the internal and external needs of Senior Management.
- A high school diploma
- 3 years of graphic design experience
- A flexible schedule
- Residence within 30 miles of Cambridge, MA
- Proven expertise in Adobe Photoshop and in Power Point with the ability to create complex builds and animations
- Some exposure to the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to creatively represent content and ideas; ability to deliver content and images based on conceptual direction
- Ability to create and edit images and graphics (including but not limited to financial, scientific and human resources imagery)
- Ability to advise on Adobe Photoshop and Power Point capabilities and functionality
- Ability to work with people who work at various levels in the organization, including executives
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and be extremely flexible
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to quickly and accurately complete work
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand and abide by brand guidelines
- Capacity to produce files for both PC and MAC environments for various multimedia design, Adobe Photoshop and Power Point projects
Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, MA, we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science Magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist, For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information,sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals - 17 months ago
Vertex Pharmaceuticals aims to cure patients with previously incurable diseases. The biotechnology company uses an integrated,...