La Crosse County Emergency Services Department is establishing an eligibility list for filling future vacancies for Telecommunicator. Persons in this position are resonsible for dispatching of emergency vehicles in response to calls requiring police, fire or medical services and also answer telephone calls of other-than-an-emergency nature. Position requires extensive training and familiarization with emergency service dispatching entailing a 9-1-1 system.
Hours of Work: This is a 24-Hr. operation and hired persons will be scheduled for all shifts on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Required Test: Applicants will self-schedule the required written exam for this position,via your application account (details below). The test is scheduled for Saturday, February 16, 2013 at the following times:
If you are not available to take the test during one of the three scheduled times, please do not submit your application.
Test Self-Schedule Notification: Applicants will be notified via email on approx. February 5, 2013, that you should log into your application account and self-schedule a time slot for the exam. If you fail to self-schedule a time, you will be considered to have withdrawn your application.
Fee for failure to attend scheduled test: Applicants who schedule a test time, but fail to appear will be billed a $30.00 test administration fee. If you will not be able to keep your scheduled appointment, you must call to cancel before February 15, 2013. Additional details will be included in your test self-schedule notification email.
You must regularly check your email for notifications relating to your application.
Essential Job Functions:
To view a complete list of duties and qualfications for this position, please review the job description, which is available on the Employment page of the La Crosse County Website.
Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited high school, or GED.
- A passing score on a written examination is required, along with successful completion of subsequent verbal and practical testing and examination.
- Must successfully complete a law enforcement background check.
- Must satisfactorily complete a prescribed course of training for Telecommunicators and serve a one-year probationary period.
- Prior emergency dispatching experience is preferred.
- Career progression as a Telecommunicator to higher pay levels will be determined by years of experience and job performance.
- Must be available and willing to work weekends, holidays and all three shifts as needed to provide adequate staff for this 24-hour operation.
La Crosse County, WI - 2 years ago