The Group Aide is responsible for assisting the site director in the implementation of programming for a group of school age children. He/she is responsible for participating in activities for school-aged children that foster overall character building in a before/afterschool program setting. (Regional Substitute-Schedule varies M-F 6:30am-9:00am & 2:30pm-6:00pm)
- Participate in a variety of activities for school-aged children;
- Follow program schedule including snack time, homework time, cleanup, and other times set for activities;
- Assist in maintaining high standard of health and safety keeping the health and welfare of all children in mind at all times;
- Participate and assist in schools out camp.
- Physical constraints required include the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, the ability to see and read newsprint with or without corrective lenses,
- Ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances,
- Ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds, and the use of arms, hands, legs and feet with or without corrective devices to accomplish the job, including evaluation of the building during emergencies.
- Must be willing to substitute at any site with flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Ability to assist with the implementation program curriculum effectively; including actively engage with children
- Ability to follow the directions of the site director
- Ability to enforce all rules and to make effective decisions to ensure the safety and security of program participants.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups from all social and economic segments of the community
- Ability to make sound judgments for the betterment and quality of the program
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must complete a physical examination with a negative TB test.
- Must complete a criminal background check.
- Must complete Basic Y Courses within first 90 days.
- Must complete continuing education units as specified by the OCC on an annual basis.
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...