Job ID: 1217-1612
Organization Objective/Purpose:Charles Schwab’s purpose is to help everyone become financially fit. Through advocacy and innovation, Schwab has worked to make investing more affordable, more accessible and more understandable for all. For more than three decades, The Charles Schwab Corporation has been an advocate for individual investors and the independent advisors who serve them.
At Schwab, we respect the unique differences of our employees, our clients and the communities we serve – striving to create a consistent and rewarding employee experience. If you share our enthusiasm for helping others, building trusted relationships, possess high ethical standards, and have a desire to learn and grow, there’s a place for you at Schwab!
Retirement Plan Services serves as the primary point of contact for plan sponsors of defined contribution plans, with the ability to answer questions regarding plan administration. We actively participate and work with Conversion Department during implementation of new clients. We resolve problems with individual and team assigned plans, and work with Operations to handle issues as they arise. We assist team leaders in the daily operation of their plans or trusts.
Brief Description of Role:Brief Description of Role:
The Client Service Specialist role includes responsibility for tactical management of approximately 10-15 clients while also coordinating and fulfilling administrative duties and resolving day to day client issues.
Additional responsibilities include:
Additional position information:
- Coordination of internal business partners/divisions to source and manage client issues to successful resolution
- Quality check the resolutions then communicate or wrap up with the client
- Assist sales team at presentations by successfully influencing the prospect to select Schwab
- Leverage your retirement benefit knowledge to resolve stated and unstated issues to successful resolution
- Partner with and be responsible for assisting plan sponsors with on-line tools
- Creation and delivery of client requested ad hoc SQL reporting
Some travel required for existing client visits and prospective client sales presentations.
Soft skills that are the successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- 4 + years of Qualified Plan/Trust administration experience is required
- Detailed and specific understanding of ERISA and Pension industry rules and regulations is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree is highly desirable
- ASPPA, CEBS and/or NIPA designation preferred
- QPA, CPC or equivalent certification/designation is also preferred
- Demonstrate an understanding of ERISA and Non-qualified plan design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to actively participate in client presentations during the sales process is a key strength in this role
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement client strategies, retirement plan design, compliance, IRS reporting, as well as a working knowledge of mutual funds and other investments
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop positive solutions for client
- Ability to multi task
- Presentation experience
- Ability to take direction and take initiative
Relocation Offered? No
Work Schedule Days
Languages English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications None
Relevant Work Experience Retirement Services-2-5 yrs
Position Located In TX - Austin
Job Type Full Time
FinancialJobBank.com - 3 years ago
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and...