Our Promise of Comfort|
At Hospice of Washington DC we have a single passion and focus: hospice. Our team members adhere to the highest standards, not only in their work but in character. Each team member is expected to exhibit strong levels of teamwork with respect and accountability, communicate clearly and honestly, be compassionate and accepting of all persons, and confidently perform tasks to the best of their knowledge and ability with the utmost confidence in themselves and our organization.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life, by maintaining patient dignity and comfort, while providing excellent service to our patients and families through hiring and developing the very best hospice staff.
Our Purpose: We create a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest individualized end of life care.
Hospice of Washington DC is currently seeking a healthcare professional to fill the following position:
Hospice Aide / Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) - PRN
This position will be located in a Washington DC.
Job Summary: Hospice of Washington DC is seeking a compassionate, emotionally mature professional to perform under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. This position is responsible for providing personal care essential to the patient's health, care, and comfort. This position assists with activities of daily living, ambulation, and prescribed exercise; utilizes special equipment as necessary and performs other special duties with appropriate training and demonstrated competency. This competent and experienced health care professional should exhibit behaviors of accountability, flexibility, respect, and collaboration to help Hospice of Washington DC fulfill its common purpose of creating a compassionate circle of support for our patients and families by providing the finest, individualized end-of-life care. All team members are expected to have well developed customer service skills and must demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of Hospice Care for the terminally ill.
- Current, certification or registration, as applicable and in accordance with applicable local/state/federal law and regulations.
- Completion of a training program approved by the Board of Nursing, and verification of current certification for inclusion in the hospice personnel record. Training program evidence must meet all standards for such programs as established by the Secretary of Health and Human Services including training by appropriate professional personnel.
- Willingness to adhere to professional standards of practice and a demonstrated understanding that performance is competency based and will be routinely assessed.
- Successful completion of the written and skills Hospice Aide Competency Exam; demonstrating competency by maintaining a satisfactory rating in all required areas.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to issues of loss and grief.
- Adherence to professional boundaries. Ability to recognize limitations of role responsibility and seek assistance/guidance when appropriate.
- Ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to demonstrate active listening skills.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and the minimum state required liability automobile insurance or access to reliable transportation.
Our Quality Standards while working on our team includes actively engaging in the following:
- Team work - Our highest priority is for our employees to form and function as a cohesive team.
- Communication - Show strong levels of honesty regardless of the situation and be sensitive when communicating with others while expressing empathy.
- Compassion - Understanding, empathy and compassion are the cornerstones of what we do.
- Competency - Must provide the most accurate information; demonstrating the highest possible quality of work.
Hospice of Washington DC offers a variety of Team Member Benefits that include:
- Competitive salaries and paid leave time program,
- other benefits available based on employment status (hours worked)
Hospice of Washington DC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy. Additionally, Hospice of Washington DC performs post-offer background checks, to include criminal background checks, drug screen, physical, TB test, and a minimum of three (3) reference checks that are performed through the local Human Resources department.