This position supports the department by performing all accounting related activities and transactions for handling customer invoicing, payments, adjustments, and deduction resolutions. Individual must abide by current policies or seek management approval.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Cash Receipts Processing – Accurately process cash receipts through bank lockboxes utilizing automation to handle daily transactional volumes. Ensure company policies and procedures are followed to produce expected results and controls.
2. Billing – Perform the billing process to produce customer invoices both electronic and hard copies, ensure invoice copies are mailed daily, and invoice records are properly updated for all assigned accounts. Review reports of orders blocked for billing and resolve problems. Review request for credit and debit memos and post billing documents based on company policy and procedures.
3. Reporting – Create weekly reports detailing accounts receivable aging analysis by customer account, including notations of reasons for past due items and a summary of actions taken to resolve them.
4. Teamwork – Communicate with team members, other department members, department manager, and other functional areas within company to ensure the accounting team is meeting or exceeding expectations.
5. Deduction Dispute Management – Perform accounting transactions to support the company defined deduction resolution process.
6. Process Control and Improvement – Use acquired knowledge of defined customer order to cash process to control accounting functions and participate in continuous improvement efforts.
7. Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Skill / Competence Requirements
Education: High School diploma with some college level work preferred – or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum 3yrs
Skill/Competence: 1. Communications – Is able to communicate clearly, tactfully and succinctly in a variety of communication mediums, settings, and styles; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Edits work for spelling grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
2. Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions; Understands and follows company policies.
3. Teamwork – Supports co-workers and understands the importance of working effectively within a group.
4. Problem solving – Identify and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions and directs their implementation.
Equipment/Software: MS Office, CRT skilled, aptitude to learn and use new systems and applications as needed. SAP experience a plus.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations:
ACH is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods (LON: ABF), a diversified international food, ingredient and retail...