Responsible for the development, in partnership with assigned suppliers, of sales and marketing plans along with sales incentives designed to achieve fiscal and brand goals. Monitor the field execution of vendor programs. Integrate supplier’s brand and management objectives with Glazer business strategies to ensure profitable growth of vendor profit. Manage pricing and discounts to maximize sales and profit. Maintain strong vendor relationships. The On Premise Portfolio Manager will report directly to the General Manager of the Division.
1. Serves as the primary contact for building and enhancing supplier partnerships.
2. Responsible for Supplier Portfolio Pricing - Conducts an analysis of product pricing variables (UPC, SEC, FOB, taxes, and other laid in costs) and profitability objectives. Conducts a review of cost components with vendors and secures agreement on product pricing structure(s).
3. Provides corporate, state, branch and category management with terms and conditions of vendor deals to include product pricing, discounts, promotions, incentives, and vendor recovery on a timely basis. Updates databases to ensure accurate and timely communication of new items, new programs/promotions, price changes, or modification of existing vendor goals/plans.
4. Provides the branch with the methods and tools for execution of vendor programs. Maintains regular contact with branch leadership, provides resources, and answers questions. Assists branches in preparing for or making presentations to local brand partners.
5. Monitors branch implementation of programs. Identifies opportunities, barriers, problems and recommends solutions. Recaps monthly and quarterly performance and provides suppliers with regular updates.
6. Investigates vendor issues, concerns, and/or complaints related to assigned brands. Meets with suppliers to address: performance against plan; profit achievements; effectiveness of pricing strategies; success of new item launches; accounts receivable status and/or the need for additional program/promotion supports.
7. Works with Glazer supply chain management and buyers to forecast inventory requirements, availability, and control related transportation, storage, and handling costs.
8. Analyzes market trends for assigned products including historical sales data, product forecasts, and vendor profitability. Formulates potential goals and objectives for the brands.
9. Partners with supplier to assess vendor/Glazer brand objectives related to product positioning, pricing, promotion, and performance. Creates annual and multi-year vendor plans.
10. Monitors vendor accounts receivable to ensure that it is current. Reports deficiencies to vendor, investigates issues/questions related to invoices, and coordinates resolution with the field. Updates branches of accounts receivable status. May limit or eliminate programming in the event of late or non-payment
11. Monitors brand performance by market and by vendor on a monthly, quarterly, and year to date basis. Compares cases sold, revenue, profit margin, commissions, selling expenses, vendor profitability to objectives and prior year performance. Provides state management, branch leadership, and corporate office with updates, explanations of variance, and actions plans
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
· 3-5 years of chain account, category management or equivalent thereof in related experience.
· 5 years in sales management and/or brand/product management including: supplier/vendor relations, programming, market research, merchandising, and/or product promotions
Additional Desired Qualifications
· Advanced degree (such as an MBA) considered a plus
· Travel expectations as much as 30% of the time.
· Preferred educational training in sales, marketing, and or business management.
· Ability to occasionally drive distances of up to 300 miles.
· Extensive experience in the liquor, food, grocery wholesale/distribution business with demonstrated success in the profitable marketing, merchandising, and management of multiple brands within an assigned geography or the profitable marketing, merchandising, and management of a brand across multiple business units.
· Knowledge of Wine, Spirits, Beer and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
· Physical demands with activity or condition existing a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
· Physical demands may include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
· May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling up to 40 pound cases, and stand for extended periods of time.
United States-Arkansas-North Little Rock
Sales On Premise
Glazer's - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Glazer's Wholesale Drug Company, named during Prohibition when only drugstores and drug wholesalers could deal in liquor, is a...