Vanderbilt Campus Dining is highly decorated: a winner of many prestigious awards in the food service industry, including Best On-Site Food Service Operation in the Nation, Best Food Service Operator, the prestigious Ivy Award, and many more. Our team includes several award-winning, certified chefs.
To learn more about Vanderbilt Campus Dining, please visit
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Understand and implement job descriptions for student employees and front of the house employees.
- Know, understand, and implement Bargaining Union Contract.
- Provide direct supervision to student employees and other employees working in the serving area.
- Assist with the supervision of all full-time, part-time, temporary employees.
- Know all operational procedures of all equipment used in the entire dining facility.
- Provide training, feedback, and coaching to your staff in order to achieve high level of consistency and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure daily opening and closing procedures are completed daily.
- Ensure responsible, fair and consistent practices when implementing policies and procedures. It is especially important to follow-up with corrective action immediately to ensure outstanding performance and accountability from all employees.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Interact regularly with the customer (students, staff, academia and other constituents) to ensure effective communication.
- Ensure new products, programs, practices and policies are effectively communicated to all customers and employees.
- Responsible for meeting/addressing all service needs immediately. This includes cleaning spills, removing broken glass, cleaning tables as needed, replenishing food and beverages, managing food lines, ensuring availability of clean trays, plates, glasses, silverware, napkins, etc.
- Be in service/dining area during serving hours.
- Read, understand, implement and abide by established Federal, State, Local, and Dining Services Sanitation guidelines.
- Remain abreast of new concepts, practices, trends and issues in the food service industry.
- Attend national/regional conferences (as recommended by the Director of Dining Services).
- Participate in Developmental programs as directed/coordinated by the Training and Development Manager.
- Plan and/or assist with all special events and catering functions as assigned by the Unit manager.
- Understand, respect, and value the diversity of the workforce, customers and other constituents of Vanderbilt Dining.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Candidates must be available to work flexible shift hours including evenings and weekends.
This posting expires January 18, 2013: interested applicants must apply to be considered.
This position requires a High school graduate or GED and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
This position requires at least 2 years of food service supervisory experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with at least 2 years supervisory experience in high volume off premise catering operations, university dining, commercial restaurants, private club, or hotel operations.
Successful candidates will possess the following
- Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and patrons of food service unit.
- Considerable knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
- Basic computer skills and be able to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other programs.
Vanderbilt University - 2 years ago
Located in Nashville, Tenn., and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care,Vanderbilt University and Medical...