Under the general supervision of the Contracts Counsel, the Contracts Administrator will join a dedicated contracts team, and will be primarily responsible for monitoring the entire contracting process from initiation through execution, renewal or termination, in compliance with the Contracts Policy. He or she will also assist the Contracts paralegals with the drafting, review and negotiation of a certain category of commercial contracts related to the operations of the Company’s corporate, mountain and lodging divisions. In the Billing Administration role, he or she will be responsible for timely entry of requisitions and invoices for the Legal Department and the administration of the matter tracking and outside counsel electronic billing system.
- Monitor the entire contracting process from initiation through execution, renewal or termination
- Advise and assist business units on compliance with Company’s Contracts Policy, process and forms
- Accurately and completely update, organize and maintain database tracking system for all Company contracts
- Accurately and completely create and maintain contract files in department records database and in legal filing room and assist with retrieval
- Draft and review contracts, working closely with Paralegals and Contracts Counsel
- Run accurate and complete quarterly and other reports as requested
- Work collaboratively and professionally with all members of the Legal Department, business unit staff, and external parties.
- Assist with development of form agreements and standard provisions and facilitate/encourage use of such forms and provisions
- Administer the Legal Department’s electronic billing and matter tracking system, including creation and closing of legal matters, initial review of outside counsel invoices for compliance with guidelines, transmission of approved invoices to accounts payable, collection of monthly law firm accruals, and generation of routine and ad hoc reports
- Timely and accurate entry of requisitions and invoices for the Legal Department
- Assist with special projects and other work as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 years experience in business setting (non-government contractor) in contract administration/contract management.
- Credit given for paralegal experience in law firm setting pertaining to contract management.
- Minimum 2 years experience in financial services related field, such as accounts payable or billing.
- Experience with legal department billing and electronic billing systems, such as Serengeti, preferred.
- High level of computer proficiency, in particular with MS Office suite (Word, Excel).
- Clear and concise oral and written English language communication skills required, including proper grammar, spelling and e-mail etiquette
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with co-workers, in-house attorneys, and members of the company’s various business units
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to apply lessons learned in one situation to another
- Highly motivated – strong desire to learn and grow with the contracts and legal team
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Superior level of customer service, providing prompt responses to questions and requests
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Value. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 19 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...