Director of Education Continuum
Deliver a holistic, integrated continuum of learning and care to help our at-risk citizens step to their highest potential.
To provide overall leadership to implement the Life Learning Center’s educational programs, including creating and sustaining instructional volunteer faculty.
Director of Education Continuum reports directly to the Executive Director.
Position Function & Principal Activities
1. Lead the development, implementation and oversight of all curricula and materials based on the philosophy of the Life Learning Center.
2. Organize and implement the program components including the management of the program calendar and schedule for classes.
3. Identify, recruit, select, orient, train, and evaluate all faculty members.
4. Ensure continuous quality improvement and delivery of instructional programming through defined core curricula.
5. Develop the performance benchmarks and outcome measures to determine curriculum effectiveness and report on results.
6. Ensure curriculum alignment where possible and appropriate, provide alignment of educational outcomes with current regional goals and priorities e.g., United Way’s Bold Goals, Greater Cincinnati Workforce Development, Vision 2015 agenda and other partners of the Center.
7. Work as a part of the senior management team to create an effective environment for quality and excellence in delivery of all services provided by the Center.
8. Report Candidate class disruptions or performance issues to Director of Care. Participate in disciplinary case conference to address and implement a course correction plan for the Candidate/Member.
9. Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
The ideal candidates are those who have a passion for education and lifelong learning, proven organizational management experience, ability to train and the ability to manage and hold accountable significant numbers of volunteers. Candidates will have no less than 15 years’ business experience as well as educational credentials either from experience or university preparation. Candidates will be innovators and have principles they stand on and will not compromise and they are results focused through a commitment to excellence and high quality. The ideal candidates are hands on, detail oriented and want to be a part of helping at-risk people and their families change their life….permanently.