Sulzer Pumps, a division of Sulzer Ltd, is a global leader in the development and supply of centrifugal pumps to selected industries, mainly oil and gas, hydrocarbon processing, power generation, water, wastewater as well as pulp and paper. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment where diversity is valued as a key driver for success.
This position performs, coordinates, supervises and design, re-rate, retrofitting and root cause failure determination of components, equipment, and systems as requested by CSS coworkers and SPUSA customers. Interact with both internal and external customers during all phases of the “Field Engineering Assistance Request” (FEAR) process. Coordinate with service center(s) and factory to insure complete and proper support is offered following department policies and procedures manual. Responsible for overseeing technical matters and supervising personnel as necessary to achieve project completion and satisfaction.
- Provide customer service and respond to customer(s) technical issues and questions regarding pump systems: mechanical design improvements, hydraulic re-rates and enhancements, vibration analysis, pressure boundary analysis, metallurgical problem solving, corrosion/erosion, optimize plant systems/rotating equipment interfaces, maintenance and system operation/limitations, thrust calculations, seal flush plan optimization and baseplates. Process FEAR's completely and accurately.
- Provide onsite support to customer sites to troubleshoot and solve (SPUSA and competitors products) technical problems (system, mechanical, hydraulic, vibration, metallurgy, instrumentation & control). Make recommendations to solve these problems and, if necessary, coordinate and supervise personnel to achieve desired result and successful outcome.
- Identify ‘new business’ opportunities to increase revenue
- Assist CSS sales personnel with technical issues and technical presentations. This support will often be ‘one on one’ with customer with the technical content being paramount to obtaining order. Provide technical input for quotes. Provide technical training for sales personnel.
- Supervise revision of drawings and Bills of Material involving equipment design changes and upgrades. Prepare engineering documentation (drawings, calculations, reports) suitable for service center order processing.
- Special projects (Large Project Management, New business or technical/procedural development, HQ, warranty, nuclear related analyses/calculations/reports).
- Responsible for technical design and content of Packaging pumpsets (pumps, drivers, baseplates, couplings, lube oil systems, seal flush & bearing cooling plans, minimum flow orifices, speed torque curve development) to CSS customers.
- Assist service center coworkers with technical shop problems associated with ongoing repair and retrofit projects.
- Ensures current applicable disciplines are used in all Field Engineering activities (mechanical, hydraulic, metallurgy, instrumentation & control).
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide EHS Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures. Supports and cooperates in company-wide Quality Management effort.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent in training and/or experience.
- Eight years’ experience in field, pumps, systems interface, and hydraulic applications preferred.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
Very organized with ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in latest “Microsoft” software. SAP and Gelco expense reporting a plus.
- Valid US Driver's License for business related travel purposes.
Sulzer Pumps is proud to be an E-Verify & EEO-AA employer M/F/D/V and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Sulzer Pumps se enorgullece de ser un empleador "E-Verify" & EEO-AA,M/F/V/D" y mantiene un sitio de trabajo Libre de Drogas.
Sulzer Pumps Ltd
- 2 years ago - save job