The Software Engineer, Senior Manager will be a key member of the engineering leadership team, responsible for managing one or more engineering teams, delivering on-time and within budget results for complex cross-functional software releases, developing standards and influencing senior management on technology strategy. The person in this leadership position will work with product management, operations, technology professionals and customers to ensure that we produce high quality products that exceed expectations. This is a challenging and also very rewarding position where interesting projects are implemented in order to maintain our market leading position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Manages activities of subordinate managers or individual contributors or in terms of costs, process, project activities, staffing and career development.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Responsible for performance management, and establishing and executing against actionable and measurable team goals.
- Interface with key stakeholders in Product Management, Operations and Quality Assurance to ensure completion of software projects on time and budget.
- Ability to work with senior management to influence the engineering and business direction of the organization. Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems for several projects.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to influence and communicate ideas and best practices that improve the Dell technical community.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives, as well as an understanding of how the company operates.
- Leads special projects as required, often involving coordination of a cross-functional team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience with 5+ of managerial/leadership experience.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed development environment is preferred.
- Solid technical knowledge of high level programming languages, databases, interfaces, and familiarity with application program development alternatives. Experience with distributed systems, security and networking is a plus
- Experience in a hybrid environment including Linux, UNIX and Windows, and building high quality and high performance system.
- Able to apply Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies in a cost-effective manner, to bring high-quality products to market on time. Experience with Agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, work independently and as part of a team following established guidelines
- Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with peers, IT management and staff, and internal/external business partners/clients.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...