Raytheon BBN Technologies was founded as Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc. in 1948 by MIT professors Richard Bolt and Leo Beranek, along with Robert Newman, with a vision of starting a small acoustical design consulting firm. From these roots, to the implementation and operation of the ARPANET -- the forerunner of today's Internet -- to the development of the first network email, which established the @ sign as an icon for the digital age, BBN Technologies provides the same technical expertise and innovation to both government and commercial customers today. Raytheon acquired BBN in October 2009 because of its many areas of expertise, including: quantum computing, system integration; distributed, collaborative applications; speech recognition; language understanding; wireless and satellite networking; network architecture and management; information security; structural acoustics; sensor signal processing; and real-time, multi-processor systems. Now Raytheon BBN Technologies Corp., BBN has more than 700 employees in offices across the US.
The Inter-Departmental Services Group (IDSG) is seeking a summer intern who will work as part of a team to provide end-user technical support services for desktop/laptop computing resources.
Specific Responsibilities include the following:
* Provide desktop support for Windows and Macintosh computers by diagnosing problems and resolving technical issues.
* Perform Windows and Macintosh system installations, repairs, upgrades, backups, and other maintenance tasks.
* Troubleshoot Windows and Macintosh software and hardware problems.
* Provide quick and complete responses to all assigned customer requests.
* Perform other desktop, systems, and network support, as assigned.
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required
* Student pursuing BS in Information Technologies, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
* Should have a demonstrated strong interest in computer systems and some experience with supporting Windows and Macintosh computers.
* Work experience as a desktop support technician a plus.
**Raytheon BBN Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.**
BBN Technologies - 19 months ago
Al Gore may have invented the Internet, but Raytheon BBN Technologies launched the ARPANET, one of the first computer-based communication...