ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
MediFit Corporate Services is currently seeking dynamic group exercise instructors to teach ZUMBA and.or Yoga fitness classes at our corporate fitness center located in Springfield, MA. This is a part time position with flexible scheduling.
Primary duties of the group exercise instructor:
· Design and instruct innovative fitness classes to a wide range of clientele and fitness levels, including high risk participants.
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with class participants; be the face of the fitness center by delivering excellent customer service
· Promote the group fitness schedule by encouraging class participants to try other fitness classes.
· Monitor class participants, provide one-on-one assistance to correct form and/or provide exercise modifications
· Challenge class participants by keeping choreography and music fresh
· Ensure group exercise room is properly maintained before and after each class.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Current nationally recognized group exercise certification (AFAA, ACE, IFTA, NETA); specialty certifications where appropriate (e.g. Spinning, Pilates, yoga)
· Current CPR/AED certification
· At least one year successful experience leading group fitness classes
· Instructors must demonstrate knowledge of modifying exercise programs for high risk clientele
· Must demonstrate knowledge of safe vs. contraindicated exercises
· Outgoing personality and excellent communication skills are essential
· Superior customer service skills