Quicken Loans is the No. 1 online mortgage lender in America, closing loans in all 50 states, and the fifth largest residential mortgage lender in the nation. We've been named to Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for the past nine years, ranking as high as No. 2.
The Operations Team at Quicken Loans is an integral part of the company. It provides such a high level of client service that 98% of our clients say they'd come back, and recommend us to friends and families.
If you love client service, making people happy and are looking for a challenge you can sink your teeth into, we have fantastic opportunities. The Operations Specialist role is an entry level position that will start you down the path toward an advanced role within our Mortgage Operations team. As an Operations Specialist you may try on many hats while we line up your unique skills with the needs of the organization. Your responsibilities will vary and may include reviewing income, asset and credit documentation, and ensuring that it meets acceptable guidelines. You may also work closely with our loan closing process to review and analyze the final figures of a loan to make sure they are accurate. You may also review Home Owners Insurance, loan pay-off statements, and employment verification documents to make sure they meet loan guidelines. These various roles and responsibilities all give you the necessary experience toward an advanced Underwriting position with Quicken Loans .
Responsibilities May Include:
- Reviewing loan documentation upon receipt.
- Utilizing resources such as state websites, county tax assessment records, Accurint, etc. to find information needed to clear conditions on loans.
- Ordering and reviewing third party vendor documents (payoffs, insurance, etc.).
- Answering underwriting questions from processors and loan officers.
- Utilizing reports and other systems to manage their pipeline.
- Working with underwriting leaders on difficult loan decisions.
- Complying with all local and federal fair lending laws and net benefit requirements.
- Submitting mortgage applications and borrower information thru an Automated Underwriting System.
- Reviewing the AUS findings to ensure accuracy.
- Finalize figures on HUD settlements statements.
- Calculate and post payoff, premiums, recording fees and closing fees.
- Answer concerns from clients during their closing of their real estate transaction.
- Communicating & coordinate with Lender as to any issues that may arise during the closing process.
- Final review of all loan vendor documents including loan payoff, verification of employment, homeowner insurance, condo documents, FHA/VA specific docs, and Appraisals.
Don't wait another day! Take it to a Higher Level...The Quickest Way to a Rock Solid Future.
- Excellent interpersonal and written-oral communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency a passion to provide exceptional client service.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- A four year degree (finance, accounting, or business preferred) or prior processing/underwriting/closing experience is required.
- Ability to research, dig deep and understand the loan process.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced constantly growing dynamic organization.
Quicken Loans - 12 months ago