JOB SUMMARY Analyzes problems in terms of detailed requirements. Designs de- tailed flow charts. Verifies program logic by preparing tests data for trial runs. Tests and debugs programs. Prepares run sheets for routine programs. May also do coding from flow charts, assist in determining the causes of computer or program malfunctions, and confer with technical personnel in systems analysis and appli- cation planning. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Tasks critical to completion of daily workload) A. Develops, test and maintains code using software develop- ment methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used. B. Works closely with Business Analysts to develop detail systems design and written test plans for on-line and re- port application programs. C. Performs analysis on projects and provides a project plan that shows the tasks needing to be completed and a time estimate for each task. D. Participates in design walkthroughs with appropriate focus groups and related users to verify accuracy of design in meeting business needs. E. Prepares installation instructions and coordinates instal- lation procedures with the Quality Control Specialist F. Supports and troubleshoots application code problems with IS and user staff. G. Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the current projects progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project. H. Coordinates, guides and mentors programming efforts per- formed by in-house programmers or outside consultants to ensure that all programming is completed according to the project plan. NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Additional tasks necessary to meet overall performance standards) May include additional duties, according to assigned department
1. Education: BA/BS: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related.
2. Experience: 5-8yrs related experience to include a minimum four years programming and analysis experience in either application development or business intelligence development. More emphasis will be given to BI development.
3. Data Warehouse experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server required.
4. Business Intelligence experience with Cognos Tranformer or Microsoft Analysis Services and Report Studio required.
5. Working, hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, including various forms of modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies required.
Familiarity of agile development methodologies.
1. A thorough understanding of Dimensional Modeling or experience in working with dimensional models
2. OLAP experience developing cubes using SSAS or IBM Cognos Transformer.
3. Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to interact with customers, business analysts, and management.
4. Prior work experience: Experience in the managed care, healthcare, or insurance industries a plus.
14100 Magellan Plaza (MO39)
14100 Magellan Plaza
Magellan Health Services is a leading specialty health care management organization with expertise in managing behavioral health, radiology and specialty pharmaceuticals, as well as public sector pharmacy benefits programs. We deliver innovative solutions to make a positive impact on the cost and quality of health care, keeping the best interests of the people we serve at the center of our decision-making. The breadth of our offerings, depth of expertise, clinical excellence and smart, talented employees is what makes us unique.
Magellan is the employer of choice for hard working people interested in making a difference in the health care industry and in the communities where we work and live. Our strong culture of caring is the common thread in both our business strategy and our work environment where we value professional growth and development, total health and wellness, rewards and recognition and employee unity. Magellan is a place where you can thrive.
Magellan Health Services - 2 years ago
Magellan Health Services has charted its course to become one of the largest managed behavioral health care companies in the nation. The...