Role Challenges and Complexities:|
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- The key challenge facing this role is the ability to provide accurate data that can be used to effectively manage resources, provide accurate reports on man-hours, committed costs and actual payments.
- Dependant on the Project size, the position also requires the ability to manage multiple tasks for a number of Team Managers.
- The Project Office is located in Jeddah, however, the project sites are located approximately 400 km NE of Jeddah. Project
- Controller/Estimator will occasionally be required to spend time at each site location.
- Accommodations, laundry, and food service is provided in a construction camp environment.
- Constraints imposed by isolation on dealing directly with the EPC Contractor. Communication facilities between the site and the Jeddah office may sometimes be unavailable.
Competencies / Behaviors required:
- Experience in working with Primavera and Prism software is preferred.
- Previous experience in a project office / site environment.
- Sound numerical skills.
- Ability to use MS Excel, Word and general office equipment.
- Experience in working within a project tea
- High attention to detail.
- Well developed written and oral skills.
- Professional and committed approach.
- Ability to travel to various site locations with overnight stays.
- Ability to speak Arabic is preferred but not mandatory.
- Flexibility - Accepts the need to be flexible and readily alters own priorities or work activities.
- Initiative - Recognizes current opportunities, demonstrates persistence and overcomes immediate obstacles.
- Plan and Priorities - Thinks through the major steps and resources required and develops a clear and realistic work schedule.
- Must be able to meet scheduled timelines and dates.
- Teamwork - Shares in formation, keeps colleagues up-to-date, values their input and enjoys working in a team.