The Sr. Radiation Therapist is a role model in demonstrating outstanding clinical assessment, interpretive and treatment delivery skills; and shares these skills with others to ensure the competency of the team and optimal patient outcomes. The incumbent is responsible for all technical and designated administrative functions of Radiation Therapy and is accountable to the manager of the department as well as the Chief Physicist regarding operational issues. This position does provide direct patient care.
- Actively serve as a leader in the radiation therapy department, directly working with other radiation therapists, and other department members.
- Proficient in all areas of simulation and treatment delivery using state of the art technology and techniques.
- Establish and maintains effective relationships with other departments to solve problems and improve patient care and service.
- Ability to work independently and manage staff and patient scheduling of all areas to include treatment and simulation.
- High confidence level.
- Excellent patient care skills—must be able to access patient’s needs and use good judgment for requesting medical attention.
- Coordinate all aspects of treatment with different departments to include Physician/Physics/Dosimetry.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to assess different situations and implement suggestions or changes as needed.
- Ability to understand dosimetry plans and calculations.
- Excellent computer skills related to basic office, record and verify, and EMR.
- 3+ years experience as Sr. Radiation Therapist
- Graduate of an approved school of radiation therapy.
- ARRT Registered Technologist (T)
- State Licensed (where required)
- CPR Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Description Clause:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Radiation Therapy Services (RTSI) operates almost 120 radiation treatment centers in several countries, including seven that involve...