Green River Community College welcomes individuals who have a commitment to teach and the ability to utilize a variety of methods and modes of instruction to ensure student success. Given the diversity of our student population, we encourage applications from individuals who can adapt instructional methods to a wide range of student backgrounds and interests. The Technology Division at Green River Community College is seeking individuals who have knowledge of and interest in, Information Technology education at a community college. The Division encourages collaboration with colleagues to promote student success.
The successful candidate will teach Information Technology courses at a variety of levels for a wide range of programs in lecture, lab, or online settings. Primary teaching responsibilities will include:
In addition to teaching, responsibilities will include student advising, curriculum development, providing program support to adjunct faculty, and participating in other college and division professional activities such as committee work and professional development.
- PC Hardware
- Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server environment
- Cisco routing and switching
- Security and others as technology evolves
- Ability to build constructive professional working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual regard.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and A+, Linux+, Network+, Security+, CTT+, CCNA, MCSE, MCITP, or other industry certification.
- Knowledge of PC Hardware, Networking, Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory, Linux, Cisco networking equipment, and Security.
- Three years of relevant work experience during the past 5 years.
- Excitement for technology, and interest in keeping current with leading-edge technologies appropriate to the program curriculum.
- Interest in developing learning outcomes and assessment, developing competency-based courses, and in alternative delivery methods.
- Demonstrated experience working with people of diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds as well as those with disabilities.
- Work in a complex and dynamic environment where success is often the result of open communication, respect, cooperation and collaboration.
- Maintain ethics, integrity, and use sound professional judgment.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Teaching and/or training experience in community collegE
SALARY: The starting salary listed below includes payment for outside preparation, evaluation and meeting with students as needed before or after class to assist them with learning problems associated with course materials. The total amount per class is based on the degree and mode of instruction. (Note: ESSB 5860 has extended the salary freeze through June 30, 2013.)
Type of Degree
No degree required
$638.22 per credit
$1,085.04 per credit
$638.22 per credit
$1,085.04 per credit
$669.90 per credit
$1,138.94 per credit
$702.13 per credit
$1,193.72 per credit
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Attach the following with your completed on line application and responses to the Supplemental Questions (located under the tab titled "Supplemental Questions") to be considered for this position.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks.
Green River Community College is a tobacco free campus. For more information on the tobacco policy, please visit the following link: http://www.greenriver.edu/about-grcc/policies-and-procedures/new-policies/ga-02-tobacco-use.htm
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Green River Community College is a committed equal opportunity employer and educator and operates under an affirmative action policy. The college is committed to meeting its diversity needs. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants, ESPECIALLY ETHNIC AND RACIAL MINORITIES, WOMEN, PERSONS OF DISABILITY, PERSONS OVER THE AGE OF 40, AND VIETNAM-ERA VETERANS to apply. It is the responsibility of applicants selected for interview to notify the college of any accommodations required as a result of a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Green River Community College - 13 months ago