CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a Program/Project position. See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you! “
Provides proactive services to project teams, business customers, process management teams, and management with a focus on facilitating effective planning and oversight of projects, establishes collaborative and strong relationships with operational leaders and decision makers throughout the organization to promote the practice of sound project management principles. Responsibilities may include working in various departments. Focuses on tactical aspects of projects through the evaluation of job costs, productivity improvement and process efficiency associated with work performed. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers at all levels of the CPS Energy organization. Participates in strategic team efforts and the development of departmental goals and objectives. Management of project deliverables, including satisfaction of scope requirements, cost/budget adherence, schedule management, risk evaluation and mitigation, and quality management.
• Provides leadership and manages initiatives according to the organization’s project methodology.
• Ensures that projects meet expectations regarding schedule, budget, scope and quality through metrics and benchmarking.
• Leads multiple, cross-functional projects and initiatives.
• Develops and submits business cases for projects.
• Develops solutions to critical business issues and presents alternatives.
• Ensures the integration of sound project management principles and practices into all projects.
• Oversees projects and coordinates activities of project teams.
• Performs functions such as project management, program management, strategic planning and/or resource planning and budgeting.
• Facilitates teams, including team chartering, group problem solving and/or process improvement work.
• Develops documentation of business processes within applicable divisions.
• Performs analysis of project data.
• Generates reports and data.
• Effectively communicates issues and recommends strategies and tactics.
• May develop procurement and technical specifications for vendor or contractor services.
• May coordinate field activities as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or related field from an accredited university.
• 2 years of broad-ranging, hands-on experience in areas such as project management, program management, strategic planning, resource planning and budgeting.
• 2 years experience in team facilitation, including team chartering, group problem solving or process improvement work.
Familiarity with SAP Project Systems
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Demonstrated experience developing reports using Crystal Reports
Experience developing dashboards using Tableau
Familiarity with the SAP Business Warehouse structure and reporting
License & Testing
Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License
Pass- Drug Screening
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate team building with employees across various disciplines and at all levels, including ability to engage people in productive activities without formal authority.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to coach and mentor individuals and teams to achieve increased competencies and effectiveness levels.
• Demonstrated understanding of project management methods, including those published by the Project Management Institute. (Formal
Certification is required for Senior Program/Project Manager consideration).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
• Must have favorable driving record
Top Three Behavioral Principles
One Company Mindset- Focuses on our whole business, putting CPS Energy first, and looking beyond the interests of department, location, or individual Reaches across organizational boundaries to share resources, form high performance teams, and produce results for CPS Energy Standardizes on process, procedures and best practices
Metrics and Facts Oriented- Bases recommendations and actions on sound analysis, solid data, confirmed facts, and insights into root causes Gauges success objectively, based on results (not activities), using numbers, facts, milestones, and external benchmarks
Engagement and Sense of Urgency- Maintains focus on results, intensity, and persistence, even when times are tough Exhibits a bias for action, going beyond what is expected Demonstrates strong sense of purpose, willingness to work hard, and pride in overcoming challenges to produce results Is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, in accord with our values and behavioral principles, and leads others to do the same Is committed to continuous improvement of our business
CPS Energy - 23 months ago
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...