The leader in Telemedicine is seeking a Network Support Engineer to join its growing IT staff. This position will require the right candidate to be trained on supporting the company product and participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation is required. This position will require nationwide travel up to 25%.
- Provides Tier II Support to external clients via phone, web and on-site
- Travel to client sites for new installations/maintenance
- Provides desktop support to PC users in Windows 2008 Active Directory Domain
- Windows Active Directory Administration, to include Group Policy management
- Trains users, maintains, creates and deletes user accounts.
- Maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms.
- Maintains critical system backups
"Must Have" skills/experience:
- Solid understanding of IP networking (subnet masks, basic routing, VLAN's, WLAN)
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Enterprise level server virtualization technologies (vSphere, Hyper-V, etc)
- iSCSI storage connectivity
- Setup and configuration of server hardware to include rack mounting network equipment
- Active Directory configuration and administration
- Usage of Group Policies for PC and user administration
- Best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
Video Conferencing knowledge is a plus
Must able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably IT related)
- At least 4 years of technical support experience in a corporate environment
- Fluent in English