"Serving Those Who Serve"
The Hale Koa Hotel's mission is to operate a first class hotel and recreation facility at affordable prices for military members and their families.
Serves as a custodial worker in the Housekeeping Department of the Hale Koa Hotel. KEY REQUIREMENTS
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required DUTIES:
Cleans rooms, corridors, stairways, and common areas. Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs, strips and polishes using brooms, mops, lightweight equipment such as vacuum cleaners and lightweight floor scrubbers, waxers, and buffers. Dusts waxes and polishes furniture and fixtures. Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes bathroom and toilet facilities. Empties trash. Make beds and changes linen. Washes mirrors, walls, windows, and blinds. Provides and replenishes toiletries and room condiments. Notes condition of room and report any conditions requiring maintenance or repair. Maintains stock of room and cleaning supplies and condiments to perform assigned duties.
Must have the ability to follow instructions and read signs. Must have a basic knowledge of common cleaning solvents, cleaning tools, and equipment. Must be able to remove different kinds of stains from a wide variety of surfaces. Must be able to troubleshoot, make adjustments, and perform minor repair and maintenance of equipment.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Must be able to work various hours of the day and week when required. HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria, and other credentials. BENEFITS:
Flexible employees are not entitled to benefits unless converted to regular part-time or regular full-time positions.
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3. OTHER INFORMATION:
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 18 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...