Reporting to the VP Financial Center, this position will assist the VP to evolve and implement a shared services operating model within a Business Finance Officer function. The Financial Center’s primary objective is to deliver planning, forecasting, business controllership support, management reporting and analytics to our Business and Support Area CFOs and the Relationship Managers that work for them. As TIAA-CREF continues on a long term growth strategy, the demands on our finance teams have expanded. To efficiently meet this growing demand, the Financial Center must redesign its processes, rapidly adopt new systems and analytical tools that have been recently implemented and most importantly, more fully engage its talented employees.
In partnership with the Financial Center management team, this Director will:
· Develop and enhance our service delivery processes so that the skills of our staff are fully leveraged to their highest and best use.
- Program manage a portfolio of process improvement projects, leveraging process improvement methodologies and best practices.
- Define and advocate for our data and functional business requirements with key suppliers and partners.
- Coordinate process interactions between Corporate Financial Planning and our Business Finance Officer organization.
- Measure, monitor and improve Process efficiency and effectiveness and communicate progress to key stakeholders.
- Oversee change management activities– including changes to business processes, systems, job roles and organization structures.
- Design and maintain critical tools and templates for the Financial Center.
- Identify and apply appropriate industry best practices to continually improve Financial Center operational and reporting processes.
Report directly to the VP. Partner closely with others at the VP/Director level, as well as senior management across several finance and corporate support areas. Serve as the process improvement lead for the Financial Center function. Present to the BFO management team as well as Finance & Actuarial governing committees on occasion.
Experience with organizational change effort, using Six Sigma, Lean or other process improvement methods is required.
Program/project management experience including communication of status reporting, staffing needs, and issues management to senior management is required.
8+ years of experience in financial planning/forecasting, management reporting or accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Bachelors or master’s degree in finance, accounting, or other related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Experience in implementing shared services functions is desired.
Management consulting experience is a plus.
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we are
making a difference
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...