Advance your Customer Service career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company! Superior Customer Service is our primary goal.
"Helping people live safer, more secure lives" since 1912, Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified global insurer and third largest Property and Casualty insurer in the U.S. based on A.M. Best Company's report of 2010 net written premium. Liberty Mutual also ranks 82nd on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2010 revenue. As of December 31, 2010, Liberty Mutual had $112.4 billion in consolidated assets, $95.4 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $33.2 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including Personal Automobile, Homeowners, Workers Compensation, Property, Commercial Automobile, General Liability, Global Specialty, Group Disability, Reinsurance and Surety. Liberty Mutual Insurance (
) employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world.
As a Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Information Representative, you'll be a key point of contact for answering in-bound phone calls from medical providers inquiring on payment status for bills on Workers Compensation claims. You will perform a full range of customer service activities such as obtaining information from callers, responding to inquiries or problems and explaining processing procedures. Superior customer focus is our primary goal: we make it possible for you to provide it!
- Provide direct guidance and assistance to medical providers regarding routine inquiries and/or problems following established Company guidelines.
- Maintain logs, records and reports as required.
- Alert management to potential problems with policyholders and refer non-routine inquiries and/or problems to supervisor or appropriate personnel.
- Perform additional related office support duties as requested.
- Associate Degree
or advanced certification in a medical related field is preferable.
- High school degree or equivalent, plus a minimum of 1 year of related work experience is required.
- Ability to write and speak in concise, accurate, and understandable terms.
- Medical Terminology, ICD 9 and CPT knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service requirements, company products and the insurance industry.
- Ability to be detail oriented and thorough.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral & written communication skills and influencing skills
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Liberty Mutual - 13 months ago
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and...