ChangeLab Solutions seeks Legal Interns for the Summer of 2014 to support our dynamic team of planners, policy analysts, attorneys, and public health experts who develop innovative solutions to critical public health challenges. Legal Interns will support our obesity prevention, tobacco control, and healthy and sustainable planning efforts, and will gain experience in a wide range of issues that impact the communities and institutions in which we live, work, play, and learn. |
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Projects and activities may include any or all of the following:
There will be a limited number of paid internships available. We strongly encourage applications from law students who will receive academic credit or otherwise use the position in fulfillment of requirements leading up to their degree. We also welcome applications from law students and graduates who will receive funding for the work through a law school or other institution.
- Assisting program staff with legal research, writing, and development of model legislation;
- Assisting program staff with providing technical assistance to advocates in the field;
- Researching and writing on a variety of cutting-edge public health legal and policy issues;
- Cite checking
- Conduct key informant interviews with legal and policy practitioners and other experts to inform research and product development
- Craft clear, easy-to-read fact sheets, technical assistance responses, and other written resources for ChangeLab Solutions’ audience.
- Developing community-based legal and advocacy strategies;
- Other assignments as required
Must be a current first or second-year law student and be able to work at least 35 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks. Must have impeccable research and writing skills, significant cite-checking experience, and excellent professional judgment. Must be well-organized and detail-oriented. Prefer candidates with demonstrated interest and experience in one or more of the following subject areas: public health law, municipal law, land use law, housing law, constitutional law, public policy, climate change, and health equity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and a list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org ; please include “ Summer 2014 Legal Intern ” in the subject line of the email. Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are able to secure academic credit or external funding for your work, or whether you are seeking a paid position.
Open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
ChangeLab Solutions has worked on tobacco control policy for more than 15 years. In fact, our model tobacco control policies and laws helped...