The Baltimore City Public Schools are seeking an experienced, dynamic and entrepreneurial professional to serve as the Director of Research Services. Reporting directly to the Chief Achievement and Accountability Officer, the Director of Research Services will effectively manage the provision of institutional research designed to provide information to decision-makers regarding programs, curricula, and grants. The Director will be responsible for leading a team dedicated to conceptualizing, designing, analyzing, and presenting the results of quantitative research projects for both internal and external constituencies and will provide leadership with survey methodology including design, implementation, analyses, and reporting of results. This position oversees the research team’s response to data requests in an efficient and timely manner, maintains a database to monitor and ensure customer satisfaction in the fulfillment of data requests and assists the Chief Achievement and Accountability Officer with the review and approval of requests to conduct external research studies.
- Working closely with existing staff, create a vision for the Research Department and its ability to impact student achievement
- Lead and support the research staff by overseeing all department activities including program evaluations, data analyses, mandatory state reporting, and enrollment projections
- Oversee the conceptualization, design, analysis, and presentation of results from quantitative research
- In conjunction with department staff, central office staff, and community stakeholders oversees the development and the identification of major objectives/evaluation questions which guide department work
- Ensure that research projects meet department requirements, are completed in a timely manner and that results are appropriately disseminated
- Review subject-matter literature and current practices and ensure that best practices are adhered to in both conducting and reporting research study results.
- Provide direct supervision, mentoring and professional development opportunities to staff, including the development and implementation of professional growth plans
- Keep the Chief Officer of Achievement and Accountability abreast of all matters related to the work of the department and serve as his representative as appropriate
- Eight years of research experience with at least three years of leadership experience in a senior research role with staff management responsibilities
- Knowledge of education reform, NCLB, school improvement strategies and student assessment strongly preferred
- Experience in project/performance management
- Experience with complex quantitative methodologies, statistical analytical software and large scale databases; knowledge of student data based systems such as SMS or SASI preferred, also knowledge of SQL preferred
- Ability to work effectively with research staff, school administration, central office administration, and community stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks in a high pressure environment
- Master’s degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology or similar background required; doctorate preferred.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
Bridgestar - 3 years ago