The Administrative position of Database Administrator ( DBA ) exists to perform full scope Enterprise database administration services for the University’s academic and administrative information systems.
Position works additional hours, as needed, is on call 24×7, and completes other related duties as assigned.
- (40%) DATABASE SUPPORT : Oversees reliable operation of University database technologies by customizing, configuring, and maintaining the database management software, databases, and middle tier Oracle Application and WebLogic servers. Divides day-to-day responsibilities for the administrative databases with other DBAs. Works with faculty who use the database environment for teaching, by providing database services and support for the Oracle databases and development environment in academic computing laboratories.
- (15%) DATA ADMINISTRATION : Maintains the integrity and soundness of the college’s data assets, through enforcement of policies, and procedures. Participates in the information system design process by providing consulting, analysis, and advice to analysts, programmers, and end users regarding college data usage. This includes assistance with logical data modeling and working to develop physical database implementations. Assists in developing a variety of presentations to analysts, faculty, staff, students, and programmers on the design and use of data and databases.
- (20%) TECHNICAL SUPPORT to ERP SYSTEM : Prepares and applies ERP system upgrades and patches. Serves as technical analyst for various systems in the Administrative Application Services area. Including independently performing the following: researching problems, designing solutions, implementing the appropriate solution, administering the solution, and alerting management to the future and current issues involved in the ongoing operation of said systems.
- (10%) REPORT AND LIST MONITORING : The position monitors various database status reports. The position also monitors internet mailing lists that provide database related information about the application software that MSCD has purchased. As a result of these monitoring activities the position will provide summaries and alerts to the DBA staff.
- (10%) SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING : The position will support the DBA staff by providing limited programming support. This includes UNIX shell scripts, SQL /PL*SQL programming.
- (5%) Other Duties as Assigned
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a computer related field and two years of experience performing progressively responsible duties in Oracle Database administration.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Technical experience working with the Ellucian (formerly SunGard) Banner suite of products.
- Experience with Oracle Database Administration on a Linux platform
- Experience installing and managing Oracle Weblogic Server
- Experience with Oracle Warehouse builder( OWB )
- Experience with SQL*Plus, PL/ SQL
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenver.edu.
Copies of Transcripts will be required of all finalists.