Here at Kool Smiles, our teams don’t just shape smiles – they shape the lives of families every single day. Working at Kool Smiles means being challenged, having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a friend, and being part of a change that starts with child. We are the nation’s leader in general dental care to underserved kids, teens, and adults. Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. Currently, Kool Smiles is operating in over 125 locations, with more opening every year. This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Kool Smiles is looking for a Dentist ready to make a difference in the lives of families. Although below is a description of what your job would entail, we want to emphasize that working at Kool Smiles is more than just a job. Kool Smiles is not your typical dentist office and working here is not your typical experience. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to grow professionally while serving your community at the same time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Dentist is responsible for providing high-quality dental care to our patients.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIE S
- Ensure the dental office delivers quality and compassionate dental care to every patient
- Provide leadership and direction to dental assistants and dental hygienists in all areas of patient treatment
- Diagnose dental conditions and plan oral health care in consultation with patients
- Ensure treatment plan is reviewed with each parent and informed consent is granted for treatments rendered
- Provide great customer service by offering same day care and ensuring parent / patient satisfaction
- Educate patients and parents about improving oral health care
- Appropriately administer dental anesthesia to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures
- Effectively and safely administer behavior management techniques to enable delivery of dental care to pre-cooperative and uncooperative children
- Perform appropriate percentage of office hygiene checks and develop treatment plans for patients consistent with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Guidelines
- Repair decayed and broken teeth by placement of various restoration techniques and materials and when necessary, extract teeth
- Refer patients to dental specialists for further treatment, when appropriate
- Adhere to all federal and government regulations, including the state dental board rules and regulations, HIPPA and OSHA regulations
- Adhere to Kool Smiles Quality Assurance Metrics as indicated in the New Dentist Orientation Manual
- Ensure training and development of staff by identifying training needs and establishing initiatives to meet company/individual objectives
- Conduct behavior in a manner that is professional and courteous to all patients, parents, and office staff at all times
- Consistently portray a positive working attitude that fosters a pleasant work environment
- Participate in local community affairs and events to include school screenings, board member meetings and any opportunity to promote a positive image of Kool Smiles
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Education, Training and/or Experience
DDS/DMD from a dental education program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
Certifications, Licenses, registrations
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to organize work and engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously
- High degree of initiative, accountability and independent judgment
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills: computer literate
Experience in the provision of dental care to children
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
- A current, valid license to practice dentistry in the state where providing patient care (License must be in good standing)
- Malpractice insurance (in place before start date)
- CPR Certification (current before start date)
- NPI provider number (in place before start date)
- DEA number (application submitted before start date)
- Other certifications as required by the state
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak patient periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
Our Full-Time dentists receive a very competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
Kool Smiles Dentists find inspiration, challenge, and reward every day at their job. Do you?
- Generous compensation - Most Kool Smiles doctors earn over $200K per year
- Innovative Wealth Management Plan – Accumulate over $1 million
- Outstanding benefits, including paid time off
- Excellent training, education and advancement opportunities
- Visa and permanent residency sponsorship with covered legal fees
- No practice management expenses and headaches – we take care of it!
Kool Smiles - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
At Kool Smiles, our goal is to provide access to quality dental health services to children throughout our communities. By providing this...