The Cost Analyst Intern position focuses on working with Dart's product costing system and completing other cost related projects.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Work with the Product Cost Analysis (PCA) system.
- Help maintain and update the PCA system through gathering of cost information from Engineering department and/or the production facilities, verification of information and cost calculations, and documentation of steps taken.
- Monitor various cost components (raw material, labor, etc.) on an ongoing basis and update product costs as needed.
- Work together with other personnel assigned to the PCA project.
- Investigate large variances between expected and actual costs.
- Investigate large variances between different production plants.
- Meet all product costing deadlines.
- Communicate to production personnel areas for potential cost reductions identified through the product costing process.
- Work on various special projects.
- Learn any relevant computer software used in the department.
- Must be working towards a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or General Business, with an expected graduation date between August 2013 and August 2014
- Strong analytical skills and ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions to problems
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong written and excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with other departments to gather and provide information
- Ability to work effectively both alone and in groups
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Aptitude for and enjoyment of working with numbers
- Must have a solid business sense
- Must understand basic mathematical concepts including the use of fractions and decimals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Prior cost accounting experience or course work is a plus
To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.
Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efﬁciently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and exceptionally...