The Cost Analyst Intern position focuses on working with Dart's product costing system and completing other cost related projects.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Work with the Product Cost Analysis (PCA) system.
- Help maintain and update the PCA system through gathering of cost information from Engineering department and/or the production facilities, verification of information and cost calculations, and documentation of steps taken.
- Monitor various cost components (raw material, labor, etc.) on an ongoing basis and update product costs as needed.
- Work together with other personnel assigned to the PCA project.
- Investigate large variances between expected and actual costs.
- Investigate large variances between different production plants.
- Meet all product costing deadlines.
- Communicate to production personnel areas for potential cost reductions identified through the product costing process.
- Work on various special projects.
- Learn any relevant computer software used in the department.
- Must be working towards a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or General Business, with an expected graduation date between August 2013 and August 2014
- Strong analytical skills and ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions to problems
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong written and excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with other departments to gather and provide information
- Ability to work effectively both alone and in groups
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Aptitude for and enjoyment of working with numbers
- Must have a solid business sense
- Must understand basic mathematical concepts including the use of fractions and decimals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Prior cost accounting experience or course work is a plus
To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.
Dart Container - 22 months ago
Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efﬁciently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and exceptionally...