Job Number: 64132a
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at the Sterling House of Bloomington located in Bloomington, IN!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates over 640 locations in 35 states and employs approximately 47,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 72,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers/continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and management services.
Immediate Opening: Cook
Job Number: 64132a
Job Type: Part Time (15-20 hours/week)
Location: Sterling House of Bloomington - 3802 South Sare Road; Bloomington, IN 47401
Location Web Address: http://www.brookdaleliving.com/sterling-house-of-bloomington.aspx
Contact: Amy Sink
We are looking for an experienced cook with excellent communication skills to enhance the lives of our elderly residents. The Cook performs multi-functional culinary duties related to food preparation including set-up, service and clean up.
Key responsibilities include:
* Supervising food production
* Preparing food daily as outlined on the Food Production Worksheet
* Maintaining kitchen sanitation and safety standards
* Assisting with set-up, service, and clean-up of food production
* Ensuring proper sanitation and storage of kitchen equipment
* Assisting with safety and training procedures in handling of food service equipment
* Ensuring compliance with state, local, and regulatory agencies as they relate to Food Service
* Other duties as assigned by supervisors
We seek the following qualifications:
* Must have a high school diploma or GED
* Must have a minimum of 1 year professional cooking experience
* Must be a team player
* Must have flexibility with schedule and be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must be able to multitask
* Must enjoy working with the senior population
If you want a rewarding career enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, and excellence, we invite you to consider Brookdale Senior Living. Discover more about Brookdale Senior Living at BrookdaleLiving.com.
HOW TO APPLY : Please send your updated resume to Amy Sink at ASink@brookdaleliving.com or apply online at www.brookdalecareers.com using Job Number 64132a.
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
beverage, cook, food, food prep, culinary, food preparation, kitchen, meal preparation, restaurant, lead cook, manager, supervise, supervisor, management, Bloomington, IN
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...