Under direction performs work of moderate difficulty developing and implementing a comprehensive Public Health Emergency Preparedness Plan for Coconino County; performs related work as assigned
Essential functions include driving, working with and around others, dealing with interruptions, repetitive hand wrist motion, vision acuity near and far for computer and driving work, color vision, hearing and speech for ordinary conversation and Touch finger dexterity for computer work.
- develops, implements, coordinates, promotes and evaluates the County Public Health Preparedness plan;
- assesses assets and gaps in existing preparedness systems, and initiates actions to improve coverage;
- participates in and supports the Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) team;
- coordinates an interagency advisory committee to promote the integration of preparedness programs;
- assists with the coordination, integration, and implementation of emergency preparedness activities involving other jurisdictions, outside agencies, tribal communities, private sector entities, etc.;
- assists with planning and coordination of preparedness drills, training, and other special events;
- participates in the development and administration of program budget;
- conducts research and collects data for use in the planning process;
- prepares and maintains records and reports;
- may supervise assigned personnel, including front line staff and/or support staff.
Master's degree in public/health administration, planning, or a related field, and two years of public health administrative experience; OR, any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Must obtain an Arizona driver's license by date of hire and maintain it throughout employment.
Master's degree in public health or planning. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
This position is exempt from overtime.
Note: The position is grant funded by the Public Health Emergency Preparedness grant and is contingent upon such funding.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of public health
- Principles and practices of fiscal management, project management and grant management
- Scope of the large number of programs in the Health Department
- Skill in:
- Facilitating groups
- Collecting and analyzing data from diverse sources
- Planning methodologies, evaluation methodologies and project management
- Developing evaluation protocols that will be effective with limited resources
- Preparing community health profiles
- Producing health status reports
- Ability to:
- Collect and disseminate large amounts of data and produce meaningful information/presentations
- Develop proposals within a short time frame
- Form partnerships and enhance collaboration with community partners
- Work with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Work with culturally diversified groups
- Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees
- Other agencies and the public
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Coconino County, AZ - 22 months ago