Part time Administrative Assistant 015-13
Downers Grove, Illinois
$12 per hr + depending on experience
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. With the help of those who want a safer future, MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® will end this danger on America’s roads. PowerTalk 21® is the national day for parents to talk with their kids about alcohol, using the proven strategies of Power of Parents™ to reduce the risk of underage drinking. And as one of the largest victim services organizations in the U.S., MADD also supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every eight minutes through local MADD victim advocates and at 1-877-MADD-HELP. Learn more at www.madd.org or by calling 1-877-ASK-MADD.
The MADD office is currently seeking candidates for the position of Part time Administrative Assistant 015-13.
Experienced, reliable, detal oriented individual needed to help support the mission to stop drunk driving, support its victims and prevent underage drinking.
Responsible for the completion and accuracy of all administrative assignments within the department, including typing of correspondence, preparation of monthly calendars; input of spreadsheets and scheduling of appointment and travel arrangement.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Directs visitors and callers to the appropriate party within the office in a professional and discrete manner. Maintains call log and forwards messages to the appropriate party.
2. Supports department staff with correspondence, scheduling of meetings, special event planning, travel arrangements and recordkeeping.
3. Prepares reports, and compiles information relevant to the business activities.
4. Maintains department files, logs and information tracking. Issues regular updates of activity to the department head.
5. Maintains relevant database information in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Reviews bills and invoices and prepares requests for checks subject to management approval.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. One to five years of previous work experience in an administrative capacity or service environment.
2. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication ability, including command of grammar, composition and spelling.
3. Highly proficient with computer business programs, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software.
4. Basic math and organizational skills required.
This part time position is 15 hrs. per week. Interested Candidates should forward resumes to the following email address: email@example.com
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual environment.
“An Interested Party will be considered an applicant only after the individual has complied with the application process and has indicated the specific position for which they are applying.”
MADD is an equal opportunity employer.
MADD - 17 months ago