Systems Administrator - Infrastructure Engineer (Public Trust Clearance)
Hewlett Packard has an immediate need in our US Public Sector Consulting Organization for a
Infrastructure Engineer Systems Administrator
Maryland - Bowie
The US Census Bureau has teamed with HP to consolidate their IT support contracts under a single vendor. HP provides operational support for the Census Datacenter environment and has a requirement for an Infrastructure Engineer with skills in the areas of RedHat Linux systems engineering, server deployment, configuration and management. The Infrastructure Engineer will provide dedicated, premium RedHat Linux systems support to Census Systems and interface and work closely with system vendors such as Red Hat, IBM, Egenera, as well as the end user community to define problems, solutions and make proactive recommendations. Systems support includes but is not limited to:
• Ensure proactive management and quality assurance
• Plan and implement system changes and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability
• Process and resolve Census customer support service requests
• Work closely with the customers, Business Unit personnel and support staff to quickly resolve issues
• Evaluate and report system performance
• Perform system/hardware configuration tasks
• Perform documentation tasks
• Have the necessary skills to perform configuration management, risk analysis and contingency planning and work with designated security staff to assist in performing security reviews and audits.
• Respond to and close out Remedy tickets for Systems being supported
HP is the world's largest provider of IT infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to individuals and organizations of all sizes. We bring the advantages of our scale, the breadth and depth of our portfolio, our innovation, and our competitiveness to our customers every day and in almost every country in the world. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
HP Enterprise Services’ U.S. Public Sector Consulting organization helps clients transform and manage their IT environments to accelerate outcomes. Our goal is to be the provider of choice for IT consulting services in the U.S. Public Sector marketplace. The HP U.S. Public Sector Consulting services portfolio includes offerings in the following areas:
• Enterprise Service Management
• IT Transformation, Strategy, and Program/Project Management
• Data Center Transformation and Cloud Computing
• Systems Integration
• Applications Services
• Information Management and Analytics
• Cyber Security
• Infrastructure disciplines
This is an exciting time to join HP U.S. Public Sector Consulting! We are experiencing year-over-year growth, outpacing our market. Our consultants are engaged in projects at client sites in the Washington DC area and across the U.S. for a wide variety of Federal accounts. They’re working with, and learning from, the best and brightest minds in the industry, and expanding their knowledge, skills, and abilities through HP training resources and from practical application on our ongoing projects.
• BS or MS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar
• 2+ years’ experience with RedHat Linux systems engineering, server deployment, configuration, and management.
• 2+ years’ experience RedHat Cluster Suite, Mulipathing, Kickstart, Bonding and VMware
• Excellent customer relations skills
Oct 28, 2013