BASIC PURPOSE :
The primary purpose of the Corporate Support Technician II role is to provide first level support to ensure proper computing and telecommunications operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands on help at the desktop level.
- Field incoming help requests from users via telephone, e-mail and in person in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
- Prioritize and schedule resolution. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician, analyst, developer or administrator.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issue.
- Use diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, frequently asked question resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, telephones, implementing file backups, and configuring systems applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups with customers to ensure resolutions remain successful and have not caused any other issues.
- User Support Administrative Duties
- Share Point Support
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in the field of Computer Science
- Current hardware/software certifications (A+, MCP) preferred
- Six months experience in the computer support field or six months experience in a computer support role
****COME GROW WITH LOVE’S****
- Hard skills: Working knowledge of desktop computers, laptops, telephones, peripherals, Windows XP, Windows 7 and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Soft Skills: Strong customer service orientation; effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills; strong written and oral communication skills; analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail; self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks under littler supervision; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Love's is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores - 2 years ago
At Love's, our people have been the key to our success since our founding more than 45 years ago. During that time, we have grown from a...