Job Title: PM Director , ITO
Job ID: 14432
Location: Dallas,TX, US
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Line of Business: Epsilon
About the Opportunity
The Diretcor of ITO PMO has the primary responsibility for manageing all ITO Project Management Office operations. He or she will be the primary conatct for all incoming IT Operations projects, both client and internal IT. The Director of ITO PMO creates and manages the ITO Roadmap and Vision.
1. Deliver project leadership and support to the ITO organization by creating and managing project management processes and methodologies in a manner that is efficient, consistent, and standardized.
2. Will oversee the ITO Enterprise Project Status Reporting process.
3. Will lead the facilitation of Project Governance resulting in the prioritization of activities and setting resource alignments within the Project Portfolio.
4. Will manage ITO project budgeting, tracking and reconciliation of all project spend with the Sr. PM’s and Technical Leads across the enterprise.
5. Will develop a Demand Capacity model for resources internally and externally.
6. Will assist in identifying contractor resources and develop statements of work as needed with external service firms.
7. Provide mentoring and coaching in an effort to raise the project management maturity level of the ITO organization.
8. Integrate processes among ITO PMO, Business Solution Delivery Organizations, and Product Development Organizations seamlessly to provide consistent progress update and ensure successful end-to-end delivery results.
9. The Director ITO PMO creates the ITO PMO governance model, and is active in the continuous improvement of Epsilon’s processes, practices, and initiatives.
He/she must demonstrate the following six (6) Key Values;
5. Customer Focus
Under general direction of an ITO VP, he/she leads and directs multiple Sr Project Managers and high-priority, highly complex technical programs, and initiatives affecting area goals and objectives. Responsible for the overall coordination, executive status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts from initiation through final implementation. Responsible for creating and managing cross-functional leadership teams to manage project and program needs. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, distributors, and vendors. Monitors industry trends and internal processes and creates, maintains and improves the Project Management Office (PMO) governance model. Communicates with executive and senior management, and on overall status.
DIRECTOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working in a matrix environment, the Director ITO PMO will establish and lead cross-functional leadership teams across multiple projects and programs. The Director ITO PMO will work with the ITO Executive Leadership teams to define resource needs and reporting. As well, he/she will have the responsibility to coordinate and ensure a core set of standard processes and methodologies with other Epsilon PMO organizations.
The Director ITO PMO facilitates the initiation of complex technical programs, working with Sr Project Managers to ensure the development of detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports for each project within the ITO Inventory. The Director ITO PMO manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks for projects and programs, and may have the responsibility of reviewing vendor deliverables.
The Director ITO PMO will define and evaluate metrics and key performance indicators from projects and programs and will serve as an escalation point for risks, working with the Sr Project Managers on mitigation strategies and problem resolution. The Director ITO PMO has ability to resolve issues without intervention from upper management, but communicates with upper management, including executives, on project status as required.
The Director ITO PMO creates the ITO PMO governance model, and is active in the continuous improvement of Epsilon’s processes, practices, and initiatives.
Identifies stakeholder and business needs, and develops a cohesive and effective leadership team for Epsilon’s projects. Works with the Senior Leadership team to ensure highest priority and highest business value projects and programs are staffed appropriately. Provides leadership, guidance and mentoring to the leadership team and team members.
Creates the ITO roadmap and the development of a PMO’s vision, and then aligns project stakeholders and team members to common goals and objectives aligned with that vision.
Expert in project and program management techniques, understands multiple software development methodologies, and uses current tools and techniques to monitor and measure project and program performance.
Uses technical knowledge and analytical skills to identify solutions and workarounds to impediments. Works without upper management intervention to keep multiple complex technical projects on track.
LEADERSHIP AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Effective leader, skilled facilitator. Influential with upper management and with project team leadership
Aligns tactical project and program objectives with Epsilon’s strategic goals
Communicates effectively, both in written and oral form
Listens, asks appropriate questions, and respects the viewpoints of others.
Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members. Builds morale and team productivity by recognizing and praising the efforts and achievements of the team.
Works effectively across team boundaries. Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
Holds oneself and his team to high ethical standards, inspires others to do the same
Relevant experience may include some or all of the following:
Other Skills, Knowledge or Abilities:
- Web technologies (e.g., HTML, XML, web services)
- Email technologies
- Networking Concepts
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Describe normal working environment:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent listening skills
- Self-starter with a strong initiative
- Ability to thrive in a highly matrixed environment while managing multiple priorities simultaneously
Compensation and Benefits
- Office (Irving, TX)
- Ttravel to client location as needed
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background checks.
Epsilon is the industry's leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of direct and digital agency services, including creative, interactive web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. In addition, Epsilon is the world's largest permission-based email marketer. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard