SUMMARY: Convert data from specifications and statements of problems to computer code by performing the following duties. Analyze requirements and develops computer programs. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users to gather information about program intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
- Research and reverse-engineer existing systems to understand the impact of new implementations, and to ensure multiple systems collaborate effectively.
- Create solution proposals through the development of project specifications, flow charts, data diagrams, and task lists.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by personnel and equipment in the system.
- Design layouts for onscreen user interfaces, printed outputs, and interface with other systems.
- Present project solutions and receive approval from management.
- Convert designs and specifications into computer code.
- Create data tables, relationships, and views based on data diagrams.
- Direct and coordinate the work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs.
- Compile code into programs and correct errors detected in compile process.
- Create test transactions and run tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Write and maintain documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications.
- Review user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with program operations.
- Coordinate all implementations with management, IT team members, and users.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Revise programs for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes.
- Train end users or technical support staff to use and support program.
- Coordinate with other programmers about program revisions.
- Modify and maintain software programs written by others.
- Apply generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Implement tools and facilitates text formatting and file conversion and transfer.
- Study existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Conduct studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs.
- Assist Computer Programmer in resolution of work problems related to flow charts, project specifications, or programming.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) or equivalent; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ABILITY:
Ability to use software compilers effectively. Ability to write and execute code that makes efficient use of PC resources. Ability to manipulate record/file locking and sharing effectively, and to work in a transaction based environment. Ability to code logic structures such as decision points, do-while loops, and do-until loops. Ability to traverse multidimensional data structures with one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many relationships. Ability to parse data. Ability to code I/O for port devices. Ability to utilize basic areas of the operating system including file allocation, file storage structure, hex offsets, basic DOS commands, the API, OS program management, code pages, and escape codes. Ability to work in a multi-tier architecture. Ability to work unsupervised either alone or in a team environment.
Windows, Fox Pro, Visual Fox Pro, VB.NET, C#.NET, ASP.NET, Cold Fusion, ASP, HTML, SQL, IIS, Internet Explorer, Power Point, MS Project, MS Office, MS Access, various text editors.
MANUFACTURING AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES:
Ability to develop and deploy solutions in areas of business including executive management, order fulfillment, process planning, product engineering, manufacturing scheduling, material fabrication, inventory control, shipping and receiving, quality assurance, human resources, safety, accounting, customer service, marketing, and IT operations.
Continental Motors, Inc. - 9 months ago
Continental Motors, Inc. is a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of new and rebuilt piston engines, ignition systems, and spare...