Must be available Monday - Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm and Saturdays 8:30am to 12:00pm.
• High school education or equivalent; or high school senior student working in school Cooperative Education Program.
• Cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
• Basic math skills required.
• PC and typing skills required.
• Attention to detail required.
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English. Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong customer relations skills and ability to communicate and work well with employees and customers in a cooperative, positive manner.
• Must possess good judgment skills and the ability to handle confidential information.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make decisions.
• Willingness to assume additional responsibilities/duties/projects as they arise.
• Ability to operate teller and office equipment including computers, calculators/adding machines, telephones, voice mail, electronic typewriters, copy machines, fax machines, automatic currency counter, coin machine, check encoder, and security devices.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This part-time position is located at the Wildwood facility for First National Bank of St. Louis.
• Provide daily deposit services such as handling deposits, withdrawals, holds, loan payments, travelers checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, stop payments, telephone transfers, direct deposits, cash advances, and other related matters.
• Maintain cash drawer within prescribed limits. Purchase from and sell money to vault as needed.
• Accurately count, receive and disburse cash and accurately handle mutilated and bait currency.
• Verify and balance assigned cash drawer daily. Maintain cash over and short record. Assist in identifying cash offages. Maintain cash drawer variances within Empire Bank guidelines.
• Prepare necessary forms for proper completion of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirement. Includes obtaining appropriate documentation from customers and non-customers.
• Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of compliance and regulatory issues relating to teller and customer service areas (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, E, DD, P, etc.) evidenced by appropriate application of these regulations in day-to-day operations.
• Acquire and maintain thorough understanding of security procedures; practice established procedures. Understand role in case of robbery, whether victim or bystander, and know proper post-robbery procedures.
• Maintain neat and orderly work area and ensure that all cash, negotiables and confidential records are secured and/or disposed of properly.
• Consistently demonstrate proficiency in providing exemplary customer service in person and by telephone. Actively listen to our customers, and maintain a friendly, positive and professional attitude. Resolve difficult situations with tact and diplomacy. Look for creative ways to make customers feel appreciated and special.
• Actively take advantage of all sales opportunities, cross-selling bank products and services to new and existing customers, ensuring recommended products and services meet needs of customer.
• Actively participate in STEP program; attend appropriate sales and STEP training; utilize STEP program initiatives; work with manager to set STEP goals and make every effort to reach targeted goals. Make referrals to other business units for traditional and non-traditional banking products and services.
• Participate in sales programs to generate new customers.
• Arrange daily work plans to handle customer flow and bank processing requirements, provide customer service and meet bank record keeping requirements.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of all bank products and services.
• Attend all required training.
First National Bank of St. Louis
- 23 months ago - save job