Leads and drives the refinement of Horizon’s SOA Architecture for Web Services in support of Health Care Reform and Consumerism of Healthcare
Defines architecture, patterns and implementation road maps for SOA
Define and publish practical principles, standards and patterns of the SOA architecture based on industry standards such as WS* standards and REST
Establishes a service governance process and service governance board in conjunction with the development manager
Manages and governs Horizon’s catalog of Enterprise Services to be used in conjunction with the Web Services Registry (WSRR)
Documents architectural patterns for SOA and drive the adoption and use of those patterns in the development cycle
Develops and manages metrics for the team to measure quality, delivery speed to market and increased efficiency
Works with development manager to publishes metrics on a monthly basis
Improves delivery process of Enterprise Web Services by working with the SQA Test Team to implement fully automated regression suites to continuously test integration levering automation
Works closely with development manager and technical lead of Horizon’s existing services to elevate the onshore and offshore team delivery model for Enterprise Services and DataPower, MQ, Websphere MB
- Bachelor Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5 – 10 years of SOA architecture and implementation in an agile development lifecycle. Includes capability model mapping, requirements elicitation, functional design, data mapping, WSDL and XSD definition, and Message Model designs, pattern definition, and application.
- 5 – 10 years of designing and developing applications in an enterprise environment using SOA design principles and the SOA pattern.
- 5 – 10 years of practical experience working with team’s comprised of onshore and offshore development resources
- Understands industry standards related to WS*, Rest and Web Services distribution
- Knowledge of the Health Care industry processes and capabilities
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 23 months ago