College of Science
Posted Rate of Pay
$29,443-$31,000 prorated to 0.75 FTE
Exempt / Non-Exempt
Departmental Contact Phone
Departmental Contact Email
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Review begins on (Continues until position filled)
Full Time/Part Time
Days and Schedule to be Worked
M-F - hours to TBD
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Limited to current UA employees only
Documents required to be attached electronically with this application
Letter of Interest Resume
Documents that may be attached electronically or mailed directly to department per instructions below
Additional application instructions (include instructions for submission)
The Associate Accountant will perform a variety of accounting assignments and will work directly for the Department Administrator in support of the business activities of the department.
Primary responsibility for the processing of business transactions, review and reconciliation of purchasing card transactions, and for time coordination and payroll activities. Ensures that day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies and objectives. Requires sensitivity in maintaining confidential information and ability to work under own initiative and apply judgment under general supervision.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Reviews business transaction documents (i.e., requisitions, disbursement vouchers, travel authorization and expense forms, interdepartmental billing, cash receipts and deposits, PCard transactions, Foundation transactions) for compliance with UA, UAF and funding authority policies and procedures including business purpose, appropriate use of funds, correct coding, available funds, and proper supporting documentation.
- Serves as P-Card Liaison and Reconciler for department.
- Assists Department Administrator with deposits and simple reports in Raisers Edge.
- Assists Department Administrator with departmental accounts reconciliation in accordance with UA and funding authority policies and procedures.
- Monitors expenditures and performs routine analysis on accounts; Performs or reviews calculations related to posting and accounting functions.
- Maintains departmental business office accounts and salary funding files.
- Copies/scans and routes daily work for approvals and processing.
- Generates reports as requested, utilizing UAccess Analytics, Microsoft Access, and Excel.
- Processes travel authorizations and expense reimbursements.
- Monitors bi-weekly time roster; Reviews and monitors employee time records for compliance to departmental, university and federal policies; Serves as a point of contact for payroll-related questions & problem resolution; takes corrective action as necessary.
- Prepares payroll-related documents including those for approved status changes, vacation/sick leave adjustments, salary transfers.
- Prepares new hiring forms and assists new employees to complete new hiring paperwork.
- Monitors the status of background checks and prepares special safety/security sensitive requests.
- Builds finance and accounting knowledge through professional affiliations, continuing education, and literature.
- Runs errands to University Services Bldg, the UA Foundation, and Main Campus as required.
- Other duties as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related area with accounting coursework; OR, four years of progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience and coursework in which a broad exposure to all areas of accounting and accounting principles, practices and procedures was acquired; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Skill in Excel to include experience with pivot tables, formulas and interface with Microsoft Access
- Experience with UAccess Analytics & UAccess Financials
- Knowledge of UA financial policies and procedures
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is non-security sensitive and requires a name-based criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Administrative and Professional Temporary and Part-time
Departmental Home Page
University of Arizona - 2 years ago