The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivery of patient care through the use of the nursing process. They provide leadership, work cooperatively with other patient care team members and maintain standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Appropriate administration and monitoring of IV sedation in accordance with hospital policy.
- Demonstration of proper room setup.
- Demonstration of knowledge using nursing process during:
- Diagnostic endoscopy procedures
- Therapeutic endoscopy procedures
- Delegation and evaluation of team members under their supervision.
- Coordination of support services with other departments and physicians.
- Proactive interaction with other specialties and physicians.
- Active participation in cost effectiveness of department.
- Availability for assigned call rotations to provide 24/7 departmental coverage.
- Demonstration of proper infection control practices, including equipment reprocessing.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required.
- One year ICU, Emergency, or PACU experience preferred.
- Current state RN license required.
- BLS certification required.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Nursing - RN
WA-Tacoma-St Joseph Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...