Primary responsibility of the Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager II is to oversee the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security programs at an assigned plants, ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, standards, codes and Company policies. The EHS manager is responsible for full integration of safety and environmental management into the facility’s operations as well as ensuring the facility safety and environmental goals are met. The EHS Manager II will make recommendations to management regarding program implementation and improvements.
- Improves the quality of and ensures the effective execution of safety and environmental management processes following established regulations, policies, standards and best practices.
- Directs and is actively involved in a proactive safety and environmental program.
- Contributes and engages in the development, maintenance and reporting of PSM, RMP, Wastewater, Solid Waste, Hazardous Waste, Universal Waste, Used Oil, and Storm Water programs.
- Educates, trains and provides support to operations in the development and execution of consistent safety and environmental management programs.
- Executes, measures and monitors process to assess the overall safety and environmental performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Supports the partnership with risk management (operations) to identify trends and opportunities for improvements in tools, training or processes.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and environmental programs.
- Directs accident investigation programs, develops accident trends, and develops programs for improving performance.
- Manages the program for underground and above ground storage tanks and Spill Prevention and Control programs at the facility and related locations.
- Is an active member of the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know (EPCRA) programs.
- Works with transportation safety on common safety and environmental issues related to the facility.
- Works with corporate Regional EHS Director on setting priorities and goals consistent with corporate priorities and goals.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience. Degree in EHS preferred.
- Internal Candidates: Combination of education (non-EHS field) and/or experience with 5 years of focus in EHS within industrial production facilities and management programs.
- Completion of the OSHA 511 and 501 course within one year.
- An EHS-related certification (such as CSHO, OSHT, CET, CHMM, ASP, CSP) is a plus.
- Possesses extensive working knowledge of regulatory requirements for federal and state programs, processes and program implementation strategies.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate performance metrics and outcomes.
- The ability to develop, conduct and maintain training programs using lecture, Powerpoint or practical methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Food industry experience is a plus.
Dean Foods - 23 months ago