Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Care
Requisition #: 71170
Status: Part-Time with Full-Time Benefits (36-39.99 Hours)
Business Unit: Community Care Services
Department: HHC RN - Southgate
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location Home Health Care - Southgate
Location (State/City): US-MI-Southgate
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
- Under general supervision of the nursing supervisor, utilizes the knowledge and application of nursing principles to provide direct patient care in the home.
- Assesses need for other allied health care services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, nutrition, speech pathology and social work, to ensure an integrated home health care delivery system. Performs other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of a registered nursing program accredited by the National League of Nursing required.
- Current licensure by the State of Michigan as a registered nurse required.
- A minimum of one (1) year clinical nursing experience required, acute care experience preferred.
- The ability to effectively communicate with patients, families and hospital personnel is required.
- Must possess a current State of Michigan driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must have reliable transportation and a telephone.
- Must be able to lift, carry, transport and move clients, if needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight, height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 20 months ago
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...