Thundermist Health Center is currently seeking an experienced, full-time, exempt RN Nurse Manager to manage our Adult Medicine Department in Woonsocket, RI
The Director of Nursing (Adult Medicine) will provide clinical and technical support for the Primary Care staff by successfully identifying problems, considering variables, and developing feasible solutions on a timely basis. S/he will also fulfill the role of staff nurse as required. Provide high quality clinical and customer service by promptly addressing staff and patient issues, using previously established practice guidelines in order to offer advice and health information. Act as a resource person for clinical staff regarding patient health care needs. Support and assist the health care team with meeting standards of care for quality and safety consistent with federal, state and accreditation guidelines. Act as a resource in all aspects of assigned department operations as needed. Provide leadership in support of high staff morale and productivity.
Current State of Rhode Island Registered Nurse license
Bachelors in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or related field
Management experience required (Primary Care, Adult Medicine Provider Office experience preferred)
Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with patients, providers, other members of the health care team, other disciplines and community agencies
Experience in designing, monitoring and improving upon daily departmental patient and staff scheduling
Job knowledge- broad knowledge base of relevant professional, technical and clinical information in assigned department.
Strong Leadership skills
Successful completion (oral and written) of competency for CLIA waived test.
HIV certification desirable
Strong patient service skills
Strong problem solving skills
Moderate physical activity, walking, standing, stooping, and occasional lifting. Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens, infectious diseases i.e. respiratory (Tuberculosis), and biohazardous materials.
Manual dexterity for injections, computer use.
Organization skills, neatness; knowledge of safety and infection control standards of practice.
Work Schedule Demands:
As scheduled during hours of operation (inclusive of week-end and evening hours as assigned) with occasional unscheduled overtime.
Interpreting technical medical terminology daily. Uses all available methods of communication with patients such as with interpreting, counseling, group discussion, written materials and visual aids.
Communicating and identifying cultural, social and economical characteristics of the patient population served.
Able to document clearly and concisely in the medical record.
Able to perform clinical audits; databases as assigned.
Able to work with IT data bases; IE Intranet; T Drive, G drive, etc.
Ability to lead as a team member for performance improvement initiatives
Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and communicate in a professional manner with patients, families other staff and outside contacts
Confidentiality of Information:
Full access to the patient’s medical record and staff records. Maintains confidentiality at all levels of patient and staff interaction.
Significant Job Functions:
- Provide health care education and information for staff; maintains current and broad based knowledge of assigned area.
- Provide effective customer service skills to problem solve and enhance customer satisfaction
- Coordinate and assess clients health care/ illness needs; promotes productivity and efficiency in operations maintaining standard precautions at all times
- Evaluate and promotes appropriate infection control measures
- Accurately perform measurements and clinical testing procedures according to policies and procedures and ensures staff compliance.
- Act as a resource person for clinical staff regarding all aspects of day to day operations
- Provide support and guidance for clinical and clerical support staff regarding client health care needs.
- Attend meetings as assigned and provide feedback to and from assigned department
- Develop, implement, evaluate and suggest appropriate changes of the nursing care phase of the health care plan, based on the needs of the patient and family
- Take the primary responsibility in the implementation of the nursing phase of health care
- Assume responsibility for professional continuing education
- Maintain practice standards according to OSHA and HIPPA guidelines
- Actively participate in performance improvement activities to improve quality of care and safety to assure that the health care team meets and exceeds the established standards of practice and benchmarks
- Maintain data collection and evaluation for Quality assurance/ Compliance/Safety.
- Provider staff leadership through coaching, example, instruction, mentoring and disciplinary intervention.
- Provide regular feedback to staff in addition to yearly performance evaluations.
- Build and maintain high levels of productivity, quality, morale and patient service within the department
- Scheduling of MA/RN staff: PTO and timesheet approval
- Meeting departmental quality and productivity goals in support of Thundermist strategic plan