Director establishes, plans, and directs enterprise policies, procedures, and goals for collection, retention, and availability of health information management with particular emphasis on complete, accurate, and timely records in an electronic format. Supervises Manager-Medical Records and Transcription; Manager-Medical Coding; Manager-Medical Records Operations; and Administrative Coordinator.
*- RHIA credentials required
- Works closely with the Clinical Informatics team, Medical Staff, and Finance Department in the design and implementation of the organization's clinical information system to ensure that the electronic medical record meets all legal and regulatory requirements (i.e., TJC, HIPAA, AHCA).
- Installs and maintains clinical information gathering systems.
- Develops and implements strategies to carry out enterprise goals of data integrity and documentation quality. Ensures that goals are met and maximum reimbursement is attained in accordance with mandated standards and regulations.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 5-7 years of managerial experience supervising the medical records department of a large ( >300 bed) urban hospital.
- Certification(s) in health information management.
Special training: knowledgeable in use of Cerner and HBOC McKesson hospital software applications c
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management or related field. Preferred: Master's degree.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com, or by clicking "Apply to Job" below. You can also call 561-434-4311 or 561-434-3677 for a confidential phone conversation immediately.
DMR is a national pharmacy search firm with opportunities throughout the country. We have opportunities for Staff, Clinical, Director of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Manager, Clinical Coordinator, Clinical Specialist, and Pharmacy Informatics in Hospital, LTC, Home Infusion, and PBM environments.
Click on the links to the right to like us on Facebook, or subscribe to updated job listings via RSS feed.
Keywords: Pharmacist, Home infusion Pharmacist, Director of Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacist, mail order pharmacist, Hospital Pharmacist, PharmD, Informatics