An incredible opportunity to work at one of the world’s most innovative companies delivering groundbreaking Music products that continue to transform the digital media entertainment world!
Gracenote is seeking a Director of Engineering, Music to focus on the design, development, and delivery of leading-edge Technology and Content platforms for the rapidly changing Music market. The Director will provide strategic and tactical technology leadership for the Music Engineering vertical, overseeing the development of industry leading music recognition and discovery products along with our Service cloud and Data platform teams.
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills with a passion for building fantastic digital media products. From a technical perspective, the individual must possess strong knowledge of large-scale SaaS architectures coupled with building SDKs for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android platforms used by companies such as Apple, Amazon, Sony, and HTC-- these are the building blocks of the Gracenote Music products. Together, the candidate’s communication skills and technical breadth will be leveraged to influence product and architecture direction in a highly technical-driven environment working with world-class Engineering and Content teams.
- Lead and own technology definition and development for Gracenote music products (end to end)
- Passionately ensure the quality of Gracenote music products meet company goals.
- Manage cross-functional engineering teams.
- Partner with internal teams to define, design, schedule, and release SDKs that utilize SaaS digital media platforms.
- Work with Product Management and Professional Services for meeting customer use cases.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Successfully delivered multiple commercial software products.
- Managed teams building SDKs, back-end data services, and rich content management platforms.
- Proven ability to lead and succeed with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills in managing priorities, delegating, and influencing.
- Able to understand and articulate product features, use cases, and technical design proposals.
- Experienced reviewing C-based SDK designs/code, DSP recognition platforms, and big data SaaS architectures .
- Excellent written and oral communication, including persuasion and negotiation
Gracenote - 2 years ago