The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Purchasing Coordinator II position available in L&L – Western Stockmen’s Caldwell, ID.
This position will provide overall support for the Western Stockmen’s Purchasing Department by entering and validating critical data into various complex systems and databases used for procurement and processing. The incumbent may compile records and reports of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories; and may also be involved in some low-level purchasing. In addition, the incumbent will prepare paperwork and fill out script logs for the Staff Veterinarian; as well as verify client information and update it as needed. This person will work closely with the VDO location and the VDT in verifying and correcting data.
Education and Experience:
- Assist veterinarian with customer prescriptions and order script pads and labels.
- Maintain and update EDI by receiving daily customer update logs, verifying data, and requesting changes to customer data or requesting new customer data in HIBBIC. Check the error reports, research errors and correct them.
- Create product profile information submitted to EDM; verify EDM data is accurate; and submit updates and corrections to EDM. Provide ready data to Buyers.
- New product special orders – work with locations on ensuring timely, accurate data is received, in order to submit accurate data to EDM and to complete and process orders for Buyers.
- Run various reports which include: sales, inventory on hand, consignment, price override, margins, rebates and spiffs.
- Assist on special on projects as needed.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Two plus years related experience and/or training.