- Follows established standards to perform assessments and provide residents with nutritionally adequate diets that meet established guidelines.
- Establishes menus and diets in compliance with current guidelines from Medicaid, National Research Council, American Dietetic Association and other regulatory agencies.
- Monitors and evaluates acceptance of food and considers resident food preferences when planning meals.
- Develops and evaluates care plans, attends meetings, and follows safety regulations.
- Personally models effective teamwork, cooperation, and problem-solving in all aspects of daily routine.
- Acts as liaison in areas of nutrition between the Food Service Department and other facility departments.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work variable hours
- Basic Computer Skills
- Knowledge of therapeutic and clinical services/assessments
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation regulations
- Ability to work as a team member
- Menu Planning Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Food Service and Nutrition from a regionally accredited institution is required
- Registration as a Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association is required
Experience as a nutritionist/dietitian preferred.
Selected applicants must submit to mandatory drug test and a criminal background check. SWVTC is a tobacco free campus.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to address factors related to the position for which you are applying to recieve full consideration.
Virginia Jobs - 19 months ago