WPRD System Validation Engineer
In this position, you are responsible for radio performance characterization and product validation of Intel wireless products. Focus will be on pre- and post- silicon radio hardware validation of Bluetooth devices.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the development of test automation utilities used for wireless chipset and radio hardware platform testing
- Executing automated design verification systems to characterize wireless hardware performance
- Compiling and analyzing radio performance test results relative to product requirements
- Defining changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, testing processes, and new testing requirements
- Contributing to the debug and root causing of technical issues related to radio hardware and radio control firmware implementation
- Working closely with senior test engineers and across functional teams (SW, FW, RF, Systems) to develop comprehensive test and verification deliverables
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good communication skills
This req is being created to convert current intern to fulltime.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must have BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- At the BS level only, must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Minimum of 3 months experience with software/programming languages (i.e. C, C++, C#, Visural Basics/.NET, Perl, Python, Java, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 months experience with wireless system or radio systems
- Minimum of 3 months experience with high quality software coding and debug skills
- Minimum of 3 months experience with wireless hardware characterization and radio performance verification
- Minimum of 3 months experience using RF principles applicable to radio performance characterization
- Minimum of 3 months experience with automated test utilities used in the characterization of wireless hardware
- Minimum of 3 months experience in analyzing radio performance test results and verifying compliance to performance requirements
- Minimum of 3 months experience with Bluetooth and WiFi
USA-California, Santa Clara
Jan 23, 2013
Mar 30, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 18 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...