Since 1879, Evangelical Homes of Michigan has maintained a commitment to create lasting communities and services for those living in Southeast Michigan. With thoughtful planning, our Board of Directors has set a course for growth and transformation one building and one program at a time. This steady and focused growth has allowed true opportunity for changing lives within the larger communities we serve. |
We are currently seeking a results-driven Nurse Supervisor to join our afternoon shift team at our long term care, skilled nursing, hospice and rehabilitation facility; Evangelical Home in Sterling Heights, MI. The Nurse Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility during tour of duty in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Responsibilities for the Nurse Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications for the Nurse Supervisor include:
- Work closely with the Director of Nursing Services in the supervision of nursing staff activities in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern a long term care facility.
- Participate in developing, maintaining and updating policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department.
- Ensure that a sufficient number of license practical, registered nurses, and certified nursing assistants are available to ensure that quality care is maintained.
- Complete administrative duties such as accident/incident reports, medical forms, evaluations, etc. as necessary.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignment in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
The Nurse Supervisor role is a full time, benefits eligible position, on the afternoon shift. Evangelical Homes of Michigan is excited to offer competitive wages and benefit packages, in addition to a fast paced working environment.
- Must possess a current, active license to practice as a RN in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as a Registered Nurse in a similar role.
- Prior supervision and/or management experience.
- Excellent clinical and management skills with knowledge of State and Federal regulations in a LTC setting.
- Solution based problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills preferred.
We encourage you learn more about the mission of our organization at www.evangelicalhomes.org.
Evangelical Homes of Michigan is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. Applicants are required to complete a criminal background check and pre-employment physical once pending an offer of employment.
Evangelical Homes - 9 months ago