We are currently recruiting for 2 Technical Applications Programers. If you apply to this 1 posting you will be considered for both openings.
The Technical Applications Programer works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. The Technical Applications Programer understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. The Technical Applications Programer will assist with documenting business requirements, developing functional and design specifications for use in the integration, web, and custom application domain. The Technical Applications Programer will work as a business liaison with the customers and application development specialists to ensure that the business objectives and goals are met with technology deliverables.
Dignity Health , headquartered in San Francisco, CA, is a system of 40 hospitals and medical centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Founded in 1986, Dignity Health is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit hospital systems and the largest private health care system in California. Dignity Health is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care services with special attention to the poor and underserved. The Dignity Health network of nearly 10,000 physicians and approximately 53,000 employees provides health care services to more than five million people annually. In 2010, Dignity Health provided $1.3 billion in charity care and unsponsored community benefit.
- Works with end users, business experts, management, and application development specialists to define tactical requirements and specific steps necessary to resolve incidents and respond to requests for modifications to integration, web, and custom applications.
- Provides senior business analyst and management with information and suggestions on improving effectiveness of application development services.
- Assists in coordinating issue resolution and request management within application development team, including customer communication, downtime notification, and adhering to service management policies.
- Develops, maintains, and documents custom programs and responds to end-user requests for reports, menus, and application enhancements.
- Performs application configuration/coding, testing, debugging, documentation, and implementation of minor application enhancements.
- Performs routine programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements.
- Maintains and modifies routine programs; makes approved changes by amending flow charts, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Creates operations, administration, and maintenance documentation to assist Level 1 help desk with first-call resolution and Level 2 application support issue resolution.
- Confers with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
- Responsible for the design, maintenance, and control for the CHW IT database for standards and methods.
- Establishes and enforces all database standards.
- Analyzes all informational requirements of new or production systems and develops database specifications.
- Establishes and enforces controls to ensure database integrity.
- Conducts metrics needs assessment, planning, collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of both quality and productivity metrics.
- Analyzes metrics data for trends, performance issues, and opportunities for improvement using statistical process control tools.
- Collects input for changes to the metrics reporting processes and give recommendations when possible.
- Creates standard reports to support the decision making process of all levels throughout the organization; proactively review and recommend changes to current processes and reporting needs of the supported customers.
- Produces and presents to IT Leadership all metrics plans, estimation, and/or metrics reports.
- Reports accuracy operational performances probability and statistics, ability to recognize, troubleshoot and correct data problems.
- Communicates data anomalies and performance contrary to goal objectives with management.
- Identifies and tracks trends to be able to identify improvements.
- Interacts extensively and builds relationships with internal customers at the Director, VP, and President levels.
- Advises department regarding reporting of metrics. Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years Information Systems
- 5 Statistical Analysis
- 2 years experience in business systems design and analysis, business operations workflow design, and implementation, systems QA testing and/or business systems training preferred.
- 2 years experience working in a healthcare environment, preferably with integration, web, and custom applications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understands and employs fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relating to systems analysis and design.
- Strong knowledge of MS Suite of programs (Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access, in addition to others).
- Possesses thorough understanding of business analysis techniques and tools related to integration, web, and custom applications.
- Possesses a structured, process-oriented, problem solving mentality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) for information gathering and the ability to interact with various client groups.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
Dignity Health - 12 months ago
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...